BC Transplant provides oversight for all aspects of organ donation and transplantation across BC.
Funded principally through the BC Ministry of Health, BCT is an agency of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
As an agency of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA), BCT supports PHSA's three primary strategic directions:
1) Improving quality outcomes and providing better value for patients
2) Promoting healthier populations
3) Contributing to a sustainable health care system.
BC Transplant Mission:
With Compassion, collaboration and innovation, we will save lives and offer hope through organ donation, transplant and research.
We work to accomplish this mission in the following ways:
- Direct delivery of organ donation activities across BC and inter-provincially; donor management; in-hospital support; organ retrieval.
- Funding regionalized programs for pre-transplant assessment and post-transplant management - in partnership with Health Authorities.
- Policies, professional standards and clinical guidelines for donation and transplant-related activities.
- Management of the province's official Organ Donor Registry.
- Organ donor awareness and education programs
- Meeting regulatory requirements (Health Canada/CSA), and maintaining continuous quality improvement programs.
Register your decision here: https://transplant.bc.ca/OnlineReg/bcts.asp
Direct patient care is funded by BCT and provided through partnerships with the Health Authorities. All Transplant surgeries in BC take place at one of the three Transplant Centres:
- Vancouver General Hospital (Kidney, Liver, Lungs, Pancreas and Pancreas Islet)
- St. Paul's Hospital (Kidney, Heart)
- BC Children's Hospital (Kidney, Heart)
After surgery, transplant patients are followed for the life of their transplant, and may receive their care at the transplant centre or at one of the seven regional transplant clinics throughout the province:
- Fraser Health Transplant Clinic
- Kamloops' Royal Inland Hospital
- Kelowna General Hospital
- Penticton Regional Hospital
- Prince George Regional Hospital
- Trail's Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital
- Victoria's Royal Jubilee Hospital
- Nanaimo Kidney Care & Transplant Clinic
Email us: email@example.com
Toll free: 1-800-663-6189
West Tower - Suite 350
555 West 12th Ave
Office hours: 9am to 4pm